Despite all the rumors - and actual onstage announcements - it appears that Shawnna, the female head of the DTP family, has not left Ludacris’ label to become one of T-Pain’s Nappy Boys, in fact she’s proceeding as scheduled with the release of her upcoming collaborative album with Luda, The Battle of the Sexes. In order to build some buzz around that sure-to-be-fire album Shawnna’s released the stripper-pole oriented How Low (Can You Go), a track that’s centered around T-Minus’ absolutely banging production (though I could have done without the helium voice on the intro). Lyrically, Low is everything you’d expect from a Luda banger, but minus a couple words on the hook Shawnna’s completely absent. By Low’s line of thinking, every football game is a “collaboration” between the team and the water boy. Battle of the Sexes will come out sometime in 2010, hopefully with far more Shawnna on it.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/1/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.