Surprisingly, or perhaps not surprisingly at all, Ludacris’ new track Hey Ho isn’t even close to his most ho-centric track. That dubious honor would go to, of course, either Ho or Hoes in My Room. Still, what Hey Ho lacks in quantity it makes up for in quality, as Luda gets back to spitting the kind of trademark, punchline heavy flow I felt like he was missing on My Chick is Bad. Backed by a booming bass beat from Kevin “Khao” Cates that’s got guilty pleasure written all over it, Hey Ho also brings on - who else? – Lil Kim, who oddly rips off Nicki Minaj’s rhyme style, and Lil Fate for a “let’s be honest, the only reason I’m on this track is because I’m DTP affiliated” verse. Given all that, this cut is either so bad it’s good, or just bad. I haven’t made up my mind yet. How about you? Hey Ho is the latest Shakespearean sonnet off Luda’s upcoming Battle of the Sexes album, due out on March 9.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.