Surprisingly, or perhaps not surprisingly at all, Ludacris’ new track Hey Ho isn’t even close to his most ho-centric track. That dubious honor would go to, of course, either Ho or Hoes in My Room. Still, what Hey Ho lacks in quantity it makes up for in quality, as Luda gets back to spitting the kind of trademark, punchline heavy flow I felt like he was missing on My Chick is Bad. Backed by a booming bass beat from Kevin “Khao” Cates that’s got guilty pleasure written all over it, Hey Ho also brings on - who else? – Lil Kim, who oddly rips off Nicki Minaj’s rhyme style, and Lil Fate for a “let’s be honest, the only reason I’m on this track is because I’m DTP affiliated” verse. Given all that, this cut is either so bad it’s good, or just bad. I haven’t made up my mind yet. How about you? Hey Ho is the latest Shakespearean sonnet off Luda’s upcoming Battle of the Sexes album, due out on March 9.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.