Surprisingly, or perhaps not surprisingly at all, Ludacris’ new track Hey Ho isn’t even close to his most ho-centric track. That dubious honor would go to, of course, either Ho or Hoes in My Room. Still, what Hey Ho lacks in quantity it makes up for in quality, as Luda gets back to spitting the kind of trademark, punchline heavy flow I felt like he was missing on My Chick is Bad. Backed by a booming bass beat from Kevin “Khao” Cates that’s got guilty pleasure written all over it, Hey Ho also brings on - who else? – Lil Kim, who oddly rips off Nicki Minaj’s rhyme style, and Lil Fate for a “let’s be honest, the only reason I’m on this track is because I’m DTP affiliated” verse. Given all that, this cut is either so bad it’s good, or just bad. I haven’t made up my mind yet. How about you? Hey Ho is the latest Shakespearean sonnet off Luda’s upcoming Battle of the Sexes album, due out on March 9.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/16/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.