Since Ludacris’ recently-released Theater of the Mind is presented as a movie-themed concept album (right down to the co-stars), allow us to give a little spoiler for those who haven’t picked up a copy yet: right after the key scene in which Luda, Chris Brown, and Sean Garrett boast about their knowledge of the female psyche, the scene shifts to a woman who maintains high class in public, but behind closed doors reveals herself as a Nasty Girl. With Plies playing a supporting role (this kind of scene is just his type), Swizz Beatz departs from his usual percussion-heavy sound, opting instead for a smooth, synth-driven beat. If you still haven’t picked up your copy of Theater of the Mind, make sure you do so very soon – after all, there’s a good reason why it was one of only five albums in ‘08 to pick up a 4.5 “Near-Classic” rating from our own Nathan S.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.