Since Ludacris’ recently-released Theater of the Mind is presented as a movie-themed concept album (right down to the co-stars), allow us to give a little spoiler for those who haven’t picked up a copy yet: right after the key scene in which Luda, Chris Brown, and Sean Garrett boast about their knowledge of the female psyche, the scene shifts to a woman who maintains high class in public, but behind closed doors reveals herself as a Nasty Girl. With Plies playing a supporting role (this kind of scene is just his type), Swizz Beatz departs from his usual percussion-heavy sound, opting instead for a smooth, synth-driven beat. If you still haven’t picked up your copy of Theater of the Mind, make sure you do so very soon – after all, there’s a good reason why it was one of only five albums in ‘08 to pick up a 4.5 “Near-Classic” rating from our own Nathan S.
Written by Burmy on 01/13/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.