Since Ludacris’ recently-released Theater of the Mind is presented as a movie-themed concept album (right down to the co-stars), allow us to give a little spoiler for those who haven’t picked up a copy yet: right after the key scene in which Luda, Chris Brown, and Sean Garrett boast about their knowledge of the female psyche, the scene shifts to a woman who maintains high class in public, but behind closed doors reveals herself as a Nasty Girl. With Plies playing a supporting role (this kind of scene is just his type), Swizz Beatz departs from his usual percussion-heavy sound, opting instead for a smooth, synth-driven beat. If you still haven’t picked up your copy of Theater of the Mind, make sure you do so very soon – after all, there’s a good reason why it was one of only five albums in ‘08 to pick up a 4.5 “Near-Classic” rating from our own Nathan S.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!