Since Ludacris’ recently-released Theater of the Mind is presented as a movie-themed concept album (right down to the co-stars), allow us to give a little spoiler for those who haven’t picked up a copy yet: right after the key scene in which Luda, Chris Brown, and Sean Garrett boast about their knowledge of the female psyche, the scene shifts to a woman who maintains high class in public, but behind closed doors reveals herself as a Nasty Girl. With Plies playing a supporting role (this kind of scene is just his type), Swizz Beatz departs from his usual percussion-heavy sound, opting instead for a smooth, synth-driven beat. If you still haven’t picked up your copy of Theater of the Mind, make sure you do so very soon – after all, there’s a good reason why it was one of only five albums in ‘08 to pick up a 4.5 “Near-Classic” rating from our own Nathan S.
Written by Burmy on 01/13/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.