Since Ludacris’ recently-released Theater of the Mind is presented as a movie-themed concept album (right down to the co-stars), allow us to give a little spoiler for those who haven’t picked up a copy yet: right after the key scene in which Luda, Chris Brown, and Sean Garrett boast about their knowledge of the female psyche, the scene shifts to a woman who maintains high class in public, but behind closed doors reveals herself as a Nasty Girl. With Plies playing a supporting role (this kind of scene is just his type), Swizz Beatz departs from his usual percussion-heavy sound, opting instead for a smooth, synth-driven beat. If you still haven’t picked up your copy of Theater of the Mind, make sure you do so very soon – after all, there’s a good reason why it was one of only five albums in ‘08 to pick up a 4.5 “Near-Classic” rating from our own Nathan S.
Written by Burmy on 01/13/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.