“It was bound to happen sooner or later,” professes Ludacris. With his Sean Garrett and Chris Brown-assisted single, What Them Girls Like, already making major moves, the vicarious emcee has just upped his ‘buzz anti’ with the release of Wish You Would, a long overdue collaboration with fellow ATL emcee, T.I.. Over a haunting synthesizer, the two larger-than-life artists discuss their bank roll and the jealously that basically everyone possesses except for each other. Unlike comparable songs drawn from the same ilk, however, Christopher and Clifford find a way to enthusiastically, creatively and entertainingly reinvent a stale topic. If you weren’t before, get excited… Ludacris’ Theatre of the Mind is set to drop this fall.
Written by DJ Z on 08/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.