“It was bound to happen sooner or later,” professes Ludacris. With his Sean Garrett and Chris Brown-assisted single, What Them Girls Like, already making major moves, the vicarious emcee has just upped his ‘buzz anti’ with the release of Wish You Would, a long overdue collaboration with fellow ATL emcee, T.I.. Over a haunting synthesizer, the two larger-than-life artists discuss their bank roll and the jealously that basically everyone possesses except for each other. Unlike comparable songs drawn from the same ilk, however, Christopher and Clifford find a way to enthusiastically, creatively and entertainingly reinvent a stale topic. If you weren’t before, get excited… Ludacris’ Theatre of the Mind is set to drop this fall.
Written by DJ Z on 08/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.