Ludacris switches out his trademarked cartoon-character antics to let you know that it’s about to go down on the prospective street single, Call Up The Homies. On this dark and ominous banger, produced by Clinton Sparks (he’s really going in, isn’t he?), Luda and his DTP labelmate Willy Northpole take a trip out West to hang with Hurricane Game. As the hype continues to increase for the November 25 release of Theater of the Mind, the recent Atlanta Music Hall-of-Fame inductee showcases his undervalued skills once again. Very simply, if this is any indication of what fans and foes alike should expect from Cris’s new project, the Disturbing Tha Peace CEO may just have a bona fide future at turning real life movies into music.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/13/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.