Ludacris switches out his trademarked cartoon-character antics to let you know that it’s about to go down on the prospective street single, Call Up The Homies. On this dark and ominous banger, produced by Clinton Sparks (he’s really going in, isn’t he?), Luda and his DTP labelmate Willy Northpole take a trip out West to hang with Hurricane Game. As the hype continues to increase for the November 25 release of Theater of the Mind, the recent Atlanta Music Hall-of-Fame inductee showcases his undervalued skills once again. Very simply, if this is any indication of what fans and foes alike should expect from Cris’s new project, the Disturbing Tha Peace CEO may just have a bona fide future at turning real life movies into music.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/13/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.