Ludacris switches out his trademarked cartoon-character antics to let you know that it’s about to go down on the prospective street single, Call Up The Homies. On this dark and ominous banger, produced by Clinton Sparks (he’s really going in, isn’t he?), Luda and his DTP labelmate Willy Northpole take a trip out West to hang with Hurricane Game. As the hype continues to increase for the November 25 release of Theater of the Mind, the recent Atlanta Music Hall-of-Fame inductee showcases his undervalued skills once again. Very simply, if this is any indication of what fans and foes alike should expect from Cris’s new project, the Disturbing Tha Peace CEO may just have a bona fide future at turning real life movies into music.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/13/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.