For those who aren’t fans of down south hip-hop, I encourage you not to foster negative feelings about the new Ludacris song, Down In The Dirty. Based on the title alone it is easy to assume that the content has been reused and recycled more than T-Pain. Although when it comes to down south artists, Ludacris and his featured guests Bun B and Rick Ross, you’d be hard pressed to find three more lyrically-gifted storytellers (regardless of location). Produced by DJ and radio host extraordinaire, Clinton Sparks, the song will be included on the inevitable release of DTP’s compilation project, Strength in Numbers.
Written by DJ Z on 10/11/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.