With Ludacris’s much-talked-about new studio album, Theater of the Mind, set to be released this fall, fans and DJs alike have been wondering when the album’s lead single would drop? Well, the wait is over. Assisted by Chris Brown and Sean Garrett on the hook, What Them Girls Like kicks off the project and does so in typical Luda fashion: appealing to the clubs (check), appealing to the radio waves (check), and appealing to the ladies (check). Bringing back the Indian flutes that Scott Storch and Timbaland used to rely on so heavily is producer Darkchild, who keeps the production simple in order for Cris’ crisp delivery and top-notch wordplay to shine from start to finish. Theater of the Mind is set to drop November 11.
Written by DJ Z on 08/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.