With Ludacris’s much-talked-about new studio album, Theater of the Mind, set to be released this fall, fans and DJs alike have been wondering when the album’s lead single would drop? Well, the wait is over. Assisted by Chris Brown and Sean Garrett on the hook, What Them Girls Like kicks off the project and does so in typical Luda fashion: appealing to the clubs (check), appealing to the radio waves (check), and appealing to the ladies (check). Bringing back the Indian flutes that Scott Storch and Timbaland used to rely on so heavily is producer Darkchild, who keeps the production simple in order for Cris’ crisp delivery and top-notch wordplay to shine from start to finish. Theater of the Mind is set to drop November 11.
Written by DJ Z on 08/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.