With Ludacris’s much-talked-about new studio album, Theater of the Mind, set to be released this fall, fans and DJs alike have been wondering when the album’s lead single would drop? Well, the wait is over. Assisted by Chris Brown and Sean Garrett on the hook, What Them Girls Like kicks off the project and does so in typical Luda fashion: appealing to the clubs (check), appealing to the radio waves (check), and appealing to the ladies (check). Bringing back the Indian flutes that Scott Storch and Timbaland used to rely on so heavily is producer Darkchild, who keeps the production simple in order for Cris’ crisp delivery and top-notch wordplay to shine from start to finish. Theater of the Mind is set to drop November 11.
Written by DJ Z on 08/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)