Lucki Eck$ has been doing some thinking lately. The subject of his Reflections? None other than the Almighty Dollar. On a freshly-released outtake from his next project, the unsigned Chi-Town repper makes clear that his cashflow takes precedence over all else, especially other people’s gripes: “I want that bread, I want that bread like f**k ya problems n*gga.” Though the lyrical theme is nothing new, the chemistry between Vela Seff‘s woozy synth production and Lucki’s ragged flow makes this cut a unique and compelling listen. Reflections is, as mentioned above, just a loosie, but fans should keep their browsers locked for the latest on Eck$‘s Body High tape, which as yet lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 05/23/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.