Lucki Eck$ may be a newcomer to the hip-hop game, but he already seems to have carved out a profitable niche for himself. On his Booth debut and the first release of any kind since last year’s Alternative Trap, the unsigned Windy City representative assures us that “business is BOOMIN’.” Plu2o Nash handles production duties on this low-key street banger, layering ambient synths over syrupy-slow percussion. Over the atmospheric instrumental, Eck$ schools us on the ins and outs of his hustle, delivering his singsong bars in a distinctive, blunted croak. In the accompanying visuals, director Jimmy Regular makes trippy use of green screen effects. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; BOOMIN’ is only a loosie, but I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from Lucki in the very near future.
Written by richard on 02/21/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.