Lucki Eck$ may be a newcomer to the hip-hop game, but he already seems to have carved out a profitable niche for himself. On his Booth debut and the first release of any kind since last year’s Alternative Trap, the unsigned Windy City representative assures us that “business is BOOMIN’.” Plu2o Nash handles production duties on this low-key street banger, layering ambient synths over syrupy-slow percussion. Over the atmospheric instrumental, Eck$ schools us on the ins and outs of his hustle, delivering his singsong bars in a distinctive, blunted croak. In the accompanying visuals, director Jimmy Regular makes trippy use of green screen effects. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; BOOMIN’ is only a loosie, but I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from Lucki in the very near future.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.