Lucki Eck$ may be a newcomer to the hip-hop game, but he already seems to have carved out a profitable niche for himself. On his Booth debut and the first release of any kind since last year’s Alternative Trap, the unsigned Windy City representative assures us that “business is BOOMIN’.” Plu2o Nash handles production duties on this low-key street banger, layering ambient synths over syrupy-slow percussion. Over the atmospheric instrumental, Eck$ schools us on the ins and outs of his hustle, delivering his singsong bars in a distinctive, blunted croak. In the accompanying visuals, director Jimmy Regular makes trippy use of green screen effects. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; BOOMIN’ is only a loosie, but I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from Lucki in the very near future.
Written by richard on 02/21/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)