Lucki Eck$ may be a newcomer to the hip-hop game, but he already seems to have carved out a profitable niche for himself. On his Booth debut and the first release of any kind since last year’s Alternative Trap, the unsigned Windy City representative assures us that “business is BOOMIN’.” Plu2o Nash handles production duties on this low-key street banger, layering ambient synths over syrupy-slow percussion. Over the atmospheric instrumental, Eck$ schools us on the ins and outs of his hustle, delivering his singsong bars in a distinctive, blunted croak. In the accompanying visuals, director Jimmy Regular makes trippy use of green screen effects. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; BOOMIN’ is only a loosie, but I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from Lucki in the very near future.
Written by richard on 02/21/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.