In late February, Lucki Eck$ assured us that business was BOOMIN’ on his first feature, a blunted loosie which won positive reviews from our readership. A month and change later, the profits are still rolling in, but the Chi-town repper’s sound has expanded a bit, thanks to Closed Sessions. In actuality this joint was recorded on the same day as his Booth debut (The session was documented in a recent YouTube video), but its drum-heavy backdrop is a distinct change of pace from its predecessor’s synth ambiance. Over Hot Sugar‘s quirky vocal samples and booming kick, Eck emphasizes the wary, attentive way in which he conducts his hustle: “I keep my finger on the trigger, my eye on my pocket and the other on these n**gas.” All Senses is slated to appear on Closed Sessions Vol. 3, which has yet to receive a drop date. Lucki has just joined the lineup for Danny Brown‘s upcoming international tour. Click here to learn when they’ll be visiting a city near you!
Written by richard on 04/1/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.