In late February, Lucki Eck$ assured us that business was BOOMIN’ on his first feature, a blunted loosie which won positive reviews from our readership. A month and change later, the profits are still rolling in, but the Chi-town repper’s sound has expanded a bit, thanks to Closed Sessions. In actuality this joint was recorded on the same day as his Booth debut (The session was documented in a recent YouTube video), but its drum-heavy backdrop is a distinct change of pace from its predecessor’s synth ambiance. Over Hot Sugar‘s quirky vocal samples and booming kick, Eck emphasizes the wary, attentive way in which he conducts his hustle: “I keep my finger on the trigger, my eye on my pocket and the other on these n**gas.” All Senses is slated to appear on Closed Sessions Vol. 3, which has yet to receive a drop date. Lucki has just joined the lineup for Danny Brown‘s upcoming international tour. Click here to learn when they’ll be visiting a city near you!
Written by richard on 04/1/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.