If this were the Game of Thrones realm, Luck-One’s latest effort, Servant II the King, would be called Hand of the King. Thankfully, he hails from Portland, not King’s Landing because, if he were hand of the king, who knows how long he would be alive? Manning the boards is producer TMak, who concocts a potent, decadent beat incorporating a guitar section and forceful synths. Luck’s standard delivery is powerful, raw, and heavy-hitting, but he occasionally kicks it into another gear, shifting into a double-time flow just to keep listeners on their toes. Servant II The King is the latest single off The Curse of the Pharaoh, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.