It’s been quite sometime since Portland wordsmith Luck-One last dropped off a solo feature at The DJBooth, but the emcee returned last month in a major way with the premiere of his latest single Get. Your. Money. On the record’s video Luck puts on for the steadily growing community of Northwestern emcee’s, questioning those who seem more content with worrying about his career rather than their own bank account. The lyrical analysis on Get. Your. Money. continues with help from fellow Oregon natives Tope and Epp, who echo Luck-One’s “get money, stop sweating me” sentiment. Producer Dizz flaunts both his production and vocal skills, providing the song with its bouncy, drum-filled beat and accompanying hook. Dizz will also serve as a collaborative partner on Luck-One’s forthcoming album, Critical Mass, due out October 13.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/4/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.