In an age of TweetDecks, live streaming, cloud players and iPads it’s good to know that not everyone’s joined the hi-tech rush. In fact, there are still some artists dedicated to creating some good ol’ fashioned L.O.W.F.I. Music. Ok, so the name of the musicians/producer/artist collective actually stands for L.ocked O.n W.isdom F.or I.nsight but the sentiment’s still the same – music that transcends the moment and stands for something greater than YouTube views or Twitter followers (although they wouldn’t mind those either). Taking control behind the boards for L.O.W.F.I.’s DJBooth debut, Higher, are producers Wesley Brockenberry and Andrin Widmer, who set the bass to speaker rattling levels and layers in some live instrumentation and percussion to head nodding effect. On the mic the verses flow smoothly and steadily throughout the track and are filled with enough lyrical depth to make that aforementioned head-nodding a truly meaningful exercise. Oh, and Higher’s anthemic and catchy chorus sure doesn’t hurt either. If you’re feeling inspired to elevate your musical consciousness alongside L.O.W.F.I. be sure to cop their recently released album The Awakening, available now.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.