In an age of TweetDecks, live streaming, cloud players and iPads it’s good to know that not everyone’s joined the hi-tech rush. In fact, there are still some artists dedicated to creating some good ol’ fashioned L.O.W.F.I. Music. Ok, so the name of the musicians/producer/artist collective actually stands for L.ocked O.n W.isdom F.or I.nsight but the sentiment’s still the same – music that transcends the moment and stands for something greater than YouTube views or Twitter followers (although they wouldn’t mind those either). Taking control behind the boards for L.O.W.F.I.’s DJBooth debut, Higher, are producers Wesley Brockenberry and Andrin Widmer, who set the bass to speaker rattling levels and layers in some live instrumentation and percussion to head nodding effect. On the mic the verses flow smoothly and steadily throughout the track and are filled with enough lyrical depth to make that aforementioned head-nodding a truly meaningful exercise. Oh, and Higher’s anthemic and catchy chorus sure doesn’t hurt either. If you’re feeling inspired to elevate your musical consciousness alongside L.O.W.F.I. be sure to cop their recently released album The Awakening, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/22/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.