Young artists are constantly searching for that one hit that’s going to catapult them from relative unknown to overnight sensation – LoveRance is hoping that Up is that hit. Or more accurately, he’s hoping that bringing T.I. and Young Jeezy in for a remix (courtesy of Bay Area DJ Big Von) to the originally 50 Cent-assisted, Beat the Pu**y Up titled original will be that hit. In trademark Bay Area fashion Up’s beat, produced by Iamsu! is sparse, built solely around booming bass and no shortage of slaps. The minimal production leaves plenty of room for the assembled rappers - oddly minus the headliner, who solely does hook duty - to ply their trade as each takes their turn expounding on their prowess in the love making department. Or to put it more bluntly, obscenely describing how they can beat that pu**y up like Mike Tyson in his prime. So how about it DJBooth Nation? Is this the kind of heavyweight hit that will put the spotlight squarely onto LoveRance and put the Interscope artist’s debut album into motion? We’ll find out soon in the comments below.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/4/12
Studd Life Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Up (Remix)" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)