Young artists are constantly searching for that one hit that’s going to catapult them from relative unknown to overnight sensation – LoveRance is hoping that Up is that hit. Or more accurately, he’s hoping that bringing T.I. and Young Jeezy in for a remix (courtesy of Bay Area DJ Big Von) to the originally 50 Cent-assisted, Beat the Pu**y Up titled original will be that hit. In trademark Bay Area fashion Up’s beat, produced by Iamsu! is sparse, built solely around booming bass and no shortage of slaps. The minimal production leaves plenty of room for the assembled rappers - oddly minus the headliner, who solely does hook duty - to ply their trade as each takes their turn expounding on their prowess in the love making department. Or to put it more bluntly, obscenely describing how they can beat that pu**y up like Mike Tyson in his prime. So how about it DJBooth Nation? Is this the kind of heavyweight hit that will put the spotlight squarely onto LoveRance and put the Interscope artist’s debut album into motion? We’ll find out soon in the comments below.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/4/12
Submit your Rating
Studd Life Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Up (Remix)" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.