Thanks to artists like Mac Miller and Macklemore, it is now easier than ever for an indie artist to make a splash without having to give up control of their music to a major label. Briefly signed with Interscope last year, Bay Area recording artist LoveRance has rejoined the ranks of indie buzzmakers, this time signing with Studd Life Ent. While he’s no longer on a major, that won’t stop him from connecting with some of the bigger marquee names in the biz, like MMG singer Omarion, who joins him on Gon Get It. O handles the opening verse, showcasing his bedroom-ready vocals over The Invasion‘s snapping R&B boardwork. LoveRance follows up with similar content, elevating this joint well above your average R&B effort with his distinctive, deep-voiced delivery. Gon Get It can be found on LoveRance’s Freak of the Industry project, available now.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/22/13
Studd Life Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Up (Remix)" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.