Thanks to artists like Mac Miller and Macklemore, it is now easier than ever for an indie artist to make a splash without having to give up control of their music to a major label. Briefly signed with Interscope last year, Bay Area recording artist LoveRance has rejoined the ranks of indie buzzmakers, this time signing with Studd Life Ent. While he’s no longer on a major, that won’t stop him from connecting with some of the bigger marquee names in the biz, like MMG singer Omarion, who joins him on Gon Get It. O handles the opening verse, showcasing his bedroom-ready vocals over The Invasion‘s snapping R&B boardwork. LoveRance follows up with similar content, elevating this joint well above your average R&B effort with his distinctive, deep-voiced delivery. Gon Get It can be found on LoveRance’s Freak of the Industry project, available now.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/22/13
Studd Life Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Up (Remix)" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.