Thanks to artists like Mac Miller and Macklemore, it is now easier than ever for an indie artist to make a splash without having to give up control of their music to a major label. Briefly signed with Interscope last year, Bay Area recording artist LoveRance has rejoined the ranks of indie buzzmakers, this time signing with Studd Life Ent. While he’s no longer on a major, that won’t stop him from connecting with some of the bigger marquee names in the biz, like MMG singer Omarion, who joins him on Gon Get It. O handles the opening verse, showcasing his bedroom-ready vocals over The Invasion‘s snapping R&B boardwork. LoveRance follows up with similar content, elevating this joint well above your average R&B effort with his distinctive, deep-voiced delivery. Gon Get It can be found on LoveRance’s Freak of the Industry project, available now.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/22/13
Submit your Rating
Studd Life Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Up (Remix)" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.