Thanks to artists like Mac Miller and Macklemore, it is now easier than ever for an indie artist to make a splash without having to give up control of their music to a major label. Briefly signed with Interscope last year, Bay Area recording artist LoveRance has rejoined the ranks of indie buzzmakers, this time signing with Studd Life Ent. While he’s no longer on a major, that won’t stop him from connecting with some of the bigger marquee names in the biz, like MMG singer Omarion, who joins him on Gon Get It. O handles the opening verse, showcasing his bedroom-ready vocals over The Invasion‘s snapping R&B boardwork. LoveRance follows up with similar content, elevating this joint well above your average R&B effort with his distinctive, deep-voiced delivery. Gon Get It can be found on LoveRance’s Freak of the Industry project, available now.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/22/13
Submit your Rating
Studd Life Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Up (Remix)" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.