On the last single off his forthcoming debut project, singer/songwriter Love Mansuy took listeners on a tour of Cabo San Lucas, a seeming paradise that—at least for the woman at the center of his narrative—turned out to be anything but. The freshly-minted follow-up single transports us to White Heaven. I don’t think I’m spoiling anything when I say that it isn’t quite as heavenly as its name suggests. In obliquely poetic verses, Mansuy describes how a close friendship developed into something more, with emotionally shattering consequences. Sam Hassan mirrors the record’s narrative behind the boards, crafting an eerie, guitar-laced beat that explodes into menacing distortion on the outro. Love Mansuy’s Barely Legal EP currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual arrival.
Written by richard on 11/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.