On the last single off his forthcoming debut project, singer/songwriter Love Mansuy took listeners on a tour of Cabo San Lucas, a seeming paradise that—at least for the woman at the center of his narrative—turned out to be anything but. The freshly-minted follow-up single transports us to White Heaven. I don’t think I’m spoiling anything when I say that it isn’t quite as heavenly as its name suggests. In obliquely poetic verses, Mansuy describes how a close friendship developed into something more, with emotionally shattering consequences. Sam Hassan mirrors the record’s narrative behind the boards, crafting an eerie, guitar-laced beat that explodes into menacing distortion on the outro. Love Mansuy’s Barely Legal EP currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual arrival.
Written by richard on 11/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.