On the last single off his forthcoming debut project, singer/songwriter Love Mansuy took listeners on a tour of Cabo San Lucas, a seeming paradise that—at least for the woman at the center of his narrative—turned out to be anything but. The freshly-minted follow-up single transports us to White Heaven. I don’t think I’m spoiling anything when I say that it isn’t quite as heavenly as its name suggests. In obliquely poetic verses, Mansuy describes how a close friendship developed into something more, with emotionally shattering consequences. Sam Hassan mirrors the record’s narrative behind the boards, crafting an eerie, guitar-laced beat that explodes into menacing distortion on the outro. Love Mansuy’s Barely Legal EP currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual arrival.
Written by richard on 11/27/13
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.