You know what’s Super Sad? It’s been more than a month since last we featured a new single from Love Mansuy. You can dry your eyes, though, because the Montreal alt-R&B buzzmaker is finally back with a follow-up to late January’s Meant It. Intended as an appetizer for the “big things” the 21-year-old artist has up his sleeve for the coming months, this LP inclusion is considerably darker in sound and subject matter than its predecessor. The Fameless‘s ominous synths and downtempo percussion set the mood as Mansuy addresses cryptic words of warning to a woman in his life: “Don’t fall deep into something, or you will drown… That’s how the stories start out.” Interest piqued? Then watch our pages for further singles leading up to the summer release of Mansuy’s next independent full-length, Barely Legal.
Written by richard on 04/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.