You know what’s Super Sad? It’s been more than a month since last we featured a new single from Love Mansuy. You can dry your eyes, though, because the Montreal alt-R&B buzzmaker is finally back with a follow-up to late January’s Meant It. Intended as an appetizer for the “big things” the 21-year-old artist has up his sleeve for the coming months, this LP inclusion is considerably darker in sound and subject matter than its predecessor. The Fameless‘s ominous synths and downtempo percussion set the mood as Mansuy addresses cryptic words of warning to a woman in his life: “Don’t fall deep into something, or you will drown… That’s how the stories start out.” Interest piqued? Then watch our pages for further singles leading up to the summer release of Mansuy’s next independent full-length, Barely Legal.
Written by richard on 04/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.