On his debut DJBooth feature, August’s reader-acclaimed Lights, singer/songwriter Love Mansuy shared his vision of romantic utopia, describing a place where people were free to love whomever they liked, without fear of judgment. It’s a nice thought, to be sure, but what looks like paradise from a distance can often turn out to be the opposite when experienced firsthand. Case in point: Cabo San Lucas. On the lead single off Mansuy’s next EP, a borrowed beat by indie-electronic duo Ratatat (Montanita) backs the artist as he recounts how the titular city swallowed up a young, impressionable woman with big plans. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Barely Legal has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.