On his debut DJBooth feature, August’s reader-acclaimed Lights, singer/songwriter Love Mansuy shared his vision of romantic utopia, describing a place where people were free to love whomever they liked, without fear of judgment. It’s a nice thought, to be sure, but what looks like paradise from a distance can often turn out to be the opposite when experienced firsthand. Case in point: Cabo San Lucas. On the lead single off Mansuy’s next EP, a borrowed beat by indie-electronic duo Ratatat (Montanita) backs the artist as he recounts how the titular city swallowed up a young, impressionable woman with big plans. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Barely Legal has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.