On his debut DJBooth feature, August’s reader-acclaimed Lights, singer/songwriter Love Mansuy shared his vision of romantic utopia, describing a place where people were free to love whomever they liked, without fear of judgment. It’s a nice thought, to be sure, but what looks like paradise from a distance can often turn out to be the opposite when experienced firsthand. Case in point: Cabo San Lucas. On the lead single off Mansuy’s next EP, a borrowed beat by indie-electronic duo Ratatat (Montanita) backs the artist as he recounts how the titular city swallowed up a young, impressionable woman with big plans. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Barely Legal has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.