On his debut DJBooth feature, August’s reader-acclaimed Lights, singer/songwriter Love Mansuy shared his vision of romantic utopia, describing a place where people were free to love whomever they liked, without fear of judgment. It’s a nice thought, to be sure, but what looks like paradise from a distance can often turn out to be the opposite when experienced firsthand. Case in point: Cabo San Lucas. On the lead single off Mansuy’s next EP, a borrowed beat by indie-electronic duo Ratatat (Montanita) backs the artist as he recounts how the titular city swallowed up a young, impressionable woman with big plans. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Barely Legal has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.