Earlier this month, Love Mansuy Tweeted “they [presumably his doubters] are going to wish they gave us a chance to fly.” While Tweets are often exaggerated or hyperbole, I think he really Meant It because on his new single, the Canadian crooner sounds determined to make an impact. Setting the stage on this hazy R&B cut is producer X2AN, who atmospheric, yet edgy boardwork supports Mansuy’s powerful vocals. Though they are soft, smooth and hypnotic, there is still a darkness to his radio-ready vocals that serves for a very intriguing flavor. Meant It is the third single from Mansuy’s forthcoming debut EP Barely Legal and is his first Booth feature look since November’s White Heaven.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.