An up-and-coming crooner hailing from Montreal, Canada, Love Mansuy makes his first foray into The DJBooth with a freshly-minted single off his next EP. The mellow, dreamy Lights is a refreshing change of pace from the dark, brooding material coming from many in the alt-R&B game. Over Kelly Portis’ production, an ear-pleasing synth-guitar arrangement with a subtle reggae influence, the artist shares his vision of amorous utopia—a place where anyone can love whomever they wish, without fear of judgment, disease or violence. His understated, but impressive vocal performance is a natural fit for the joint’s sound and subject matter. If Lights has whet your appetite for more, keep it locked; Love Mansuy’s next project currently lacks both a title and a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.