An up-and-coming crooner hailing from Montreal, Canada, Love Mansuy makes his first foray into The DJBooth with a freshly-minted single off his next EP. The mellow, dreamy Lights is a refreshing change of pace from the dark, brooding material coming from many in the alt-R&B game. Over Kelly Portis’ production, an ear-pleasing synth-guitar arrangement with a subtle reggae influence, the artist shares his vision of amorous utopia—a place where anyone can love whomever they wish, without fear of judgment, disease or violence. His understated, but impressive vocal performance is a natural fit for the joint’s sound and subject matter. If Lights has whet your appetite for more, keep it locked; Love Mansuy’s next project currently lacks both a title and a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"San Lucas" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)