An up-and-coming crooner hailing from Montreal, Canada, Love Mansuy makes his first foray into The DJBooth with a freshly-minted single off his next EP. The mellow, dreamy Lights is a refreshing change of pace from the dark, brooding material coming from many in the alt-R&B game. Over Kelly Portis’ production, an ear-pleasing synth-guitar arrangement with a subtle reggae influence, the artist shares his vision of amorous utopia—a place where anyone can love whomever they wish, without fear of judgment, disease or violence. His understated, but impressive vocal performance is a natural fit for the joint’s sound and subject matter. If Lights has whet your appetite for more, keep it locked; Love Mansuy’s next project currently lacks both a title and a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/12/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.