An up-and-coming crooner hailing from Montreal, Canada, Love Mansuy makes his first foray into The DJBooth with a freshly-minted single off his next EP. The mellow, dreamy Lights is a refreshing change of pace from the dark, brooding material coming from many in the alt-R&B game. Over Kelly Portis’ production, an ear-pleasing synth-guitar arrangement with a subtle reggae influence, the artist shares his vision of amorous utopia—a place where anyone can love whomever they wish, without fear of judgment, disease or violence. His understated, but impressive vocal performance is a natural fit for the joint’s sound and subject matter. If Lights has whet your appetite for more, keep it locked; Love Mansuy’s next project currently lacks both a title and a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"San Lucas" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.