An up-and-coming crooner hailing from Montreal, Canada, Love Mansuy makes his first foray into The DJBooth with a freshly-minted single off his next EP. The mellow, dreamy Lights is a refreshing change of pace from the dark, brooding material coming from many in the alt-R&B game. Over Kelly Portis’ production, an ear-pleasing synth-guitar arrangement with a subtle reggae influence, the artist shares his vision of amorous utopia—a place where anyone can love whomever they wish, without fear of judgment, disease or violence. His understated, but impressive vocal performance is a natural fit for the joint’s sound and subject matter. If Lights has whet your appetite for more, keep it locked; Love Mansuy’s next project currently lacks both a title and a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/12/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.