From Slim Thug to Rick Ross to, more recently, Mannie Fresh, it seems like everyone in the game wants to be a Boss. And why wouldn’t they? You get to puff Cohibas in your $30,000 desk chair, skim money from the company expense account, sleep with your secretary – you know, boss stuff (disclaimer: everything I know about bosses I learned from rap videos and daytime television). Booth newcomer Louisiana Cash may only just have joined the Battery/Jive Records roster, but he’s already got his eye on that corner office. On this new single off his forthcoming street album, the Grambling native paints a larger-than-life lyrical portrait of high-rollerdom, spitting over Back to the Money/My Gurl beatsmith Oddz.N.Endz’ bluesy, bass-booming boardwork (Anyone know where that sample came from?). So, readers, will the business-minded swagger Cash exhibits here take him to the the top of rap’s freshman class? If you think so, you can hear plenty more hot tunes on the emcee’s Leader of the New School mixtape, set to hit the ‘net later this month.
Written by richard on 11/11/09
Submit your Rating
I$G/Hustle Fam Music/Battery/Jive
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.