From Slim Thug to Rick Ross to, more recently, Mannie Fresh, it seems like everyone in the game wants to be a Boss. And why wouldn’t they? You get to puff Cohibas in your $30,000 desk chair, skim money from the company expense account, sleep with your secretary – you know, boss stuff (disclaimer: everything I know about bosses I learned from rap videos and daytime television). Booth newcomer Louisiana Cash may only just have joined the Battery/Jive Records roster, but he’s already got his eye on that corner office. On this new single off his forthcoming street album, the Grambling native paints a larger-than-life lyrical portrait of high-rollerdom, spitting over Back to the Money/My Gurl beatsmith Oddz.N.Endz’ bluesy, bass-booming boardwork (Anyone know where that sample came from?). So, readers, will the business-minded swagger Cash exhibits here take him to the the top of rap’s freshman class? If you think so, you can hear plenty more hot tunes on the emcee’s Leader of the New School mixtape, set to hit the ‘net later this month.
Listen to More: Louisiana Cash
Written by richard on 11/11/09
I$G/Hustle Fam Music/Battery/Jive
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.