From Slim Thug to Rick Ross to, more recently, Mannie Fresh, it seems like everyone in the game wants to be a Boss. And why wouldn’t they? You get to puff Cohibas in your $30,000 desk chair, skim money from the company expense account, sleep with your secretary – you know, boss stuff (disclaimer: everything I know about bosses I learned from rap videos and daytime television). Booth newcomer Louisiana Cash may only just have joined the Battery/Jive Records roster, but he’s already got his eye on that corner office. On this new single off his forthcoming street album, the Grambling native paints a larger-than-life lyrical portrait of high-rollerdom, spitting over Back to the Money/My Gurl beatsmith Oddz.N.Endz’ bluesy, bass-booming boardwork (Anyone know where that sample came from?). So, readers, will the business-minded swagger Cash exhibits here take him to the the top of rap’s freshman class? If you think so, you can hear plenty more hot tunes on the emcee’s Leader of the New School mixtape, set to hit the ‘net later this month.
Listen to More: Louisiana Cash Written by richard
I$G/Hustle Fam Music/Battery/Jive
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.