An instrumental electronic jam band based in the City of Brotherly Love, Lotus is preparing to make its first foray into hip-hop with the forthcoming Monks LP. Switching genres can be a risky move; luckily, they’ve got a few skilled emcees to assist them in making the transition. Digable Planets alum Doodle Bug (aka Cee Knowledge) and Philly rhymesayer Ras Arcane take turns spitting casual, yet complex verses over the group’s airy, upbeat synth grooves. A low-key banger with an appealing throwback vibe, this is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Lotus’s 11th full-length, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers September 10, via Opus One Productions.
Written by richard on 08/30/13
Submit your Rating
Opus One Productions
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.