Wherever you look, you can find a few people f**king things up for everyone else—from talentless rappers and predatory label execs to (more seriously) racist cops and plutocrats. While many resent these individuals, Booth newcomer Lotta‘s got a different perspective on the situation: if we’re not willing to go to war and attack injustice at its source, who can Blame ‘Em for taking advantage? Over a slow-burning synth beat by Beewirks, the Fayetteville, North Carolina repper urges listeners to fight for what they believe in, whether that means revolutionizing the music game or laying the foundation for a more equal society. For this bracing jam and many more thought-provoking bangers, cop Lotta’s Final Fantasy II LP on September 22, when it drops exclusively in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 08/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"High Times" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.