If I had a nickel for every Booth feature from LoStarr, I would have five cents, as this mixtape standout selection is his debut on our pages. If I had a nickel for every emcee who, on their first Booth feature, brought along two Southern veterans, I would also have five cents thanks to the Mississippi dual-threat. Atop his own swooning, syrupy boardwork, LoStarr showcases a raspy flow with that distinct Southern spice. His mic style fits in well with those of guests Z-Ro and Slim Thug, whose bars make this tune more Southern than grits and Daisy Dukes. For more from Lostarr, check out his Get Right or Get Left mixtape, released in late December and available now for free digital download.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/10/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.