If I had a nickel for every Booth feature from LoStarr, I would have five cents, as this mixtape standout selection is his debut on our pages. If I had a nickel for every emcee who, on their first Booth feature, brought along two Southern veterans, I would also have five cents thanks to the Mississippi dual-threat. Atop his own swooning, syrupy boardwork, LoStarr showcases a raspy flow with that distinct Southern spice. His mic style fits in well with those of guests Z-Ro and Slim Thug, whose bars make this tune more Southern than grits and Daisy Dukes. For more from Lostarr, check out his Get Right or Get Left mixtape, released in late December and available now for free digital download.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/10/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.