It is often encouraged that you take the road less traveled. Inglewood, California trio Lost Dialect couldn’t care less if that path is also strewn with some obstacles that will get their hands dirty. For the Booth newcomers, their new single Dirty Roads is a convincing argument that they’re ready to put in the work and even suture up past wounds other emcees have caused to the game, just to become your new favorite underdogs. Rick Gonzalez (aka Realm Reality) lends his lyrical skills as a guest feature, while producer and project collaborator Ahiptimus Prime lays a somber composition that is interspersed between banging drums in the distant. And don’t get it twisted. Just because they’re from California doesn’t mean that certain colors they rock signifies gang affiliation; they’re merely repping the truth. Dirty Roads will be found on Lost Dialect’s new EP, Prime Dialect, out May 5.
Written by Bryan H on 05/1/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.