It is often encouraged that you take the road less traveled. Inglewood, California trio Lost Dialect couldn’t care less if that path is also strewn with some obstacles that will get their hands dirty. For the Booth newcomers, their new single Dirty Roads is a convincing argument that they’re ready to put in the work and even suture up past wounds other emcees have caused to the game, just to become your new favorite underdogs. Rick Gonzalez (aka Realm Reality) lends his lyrical skills as a guest feature, while producer and project collaborator Ahiptimus Prime lays a somber composition that is interspersed between banging drums in the distant. And don’t get it twisted. Just because they’re from California doesn’t mean that certain colors they rock signifies gang affiliation; they’re merely repping the truth. Dirty Roads will be found on Lost Dialect’s new EP, Prime Dialect, out May 5.
Written by Bryan H on 05/1/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.