There are several Wrong Places that Los’ latest effort would not fit, like on a country music blog or your grandma’s next birthday party. Thankfully, The DJBooth is the right place and the right time is today. On the latest single off his highly anticipated mixtape, Becoming King, the B-More native gives us a refreshing spin on a street anthem. Whereas many rappers glorify the “street” image Los shies away from that stereotype for a more honest portrayal of what life is really like. Assisting the Bad Boy emcee is Eric Bellinger, who lends his smooth R&B vocals to the hook, and producer J. Oliver, whose piano based boardwork allows Los’ earnest, almost pained flow to resonate, hammering home the heavy-hearted vibe of the tune. Becoming King is projected to drop this spring, but while you wait be sure to check out his last Booth feature, I Got You, a take on The Weeknd’s Rolling Stone.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Landing" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.