There are several Wrong Places that Los’ latest effort would not fit, like on a country music blog or your grandma’s next birthday party. Thankfully, The DJBooth is the right place and the right time is today. On the latest single off his highly anticipated mixtape, Becoming King, the B-More native gives us a refreshing spin on a street anthem. Whereas many rappers glorify the “street” image Los shies away from that stereotype for a more honest portrayal of what life is really like. Assisting the Bad Boy emcee is Eric Bellinger, who lends his smooth R&B vocals to the hook, and producer J. Oliver, whose piano based boardwork allows Los’ earnest, almost pained flow to resonate, hammering home the heavy-hearted vibe of the tune. Becoming King is projected to drop this spring, but while you wait be sure to check out his last Booth feature, I Got You, a take on The Weeknd’s Rolling Stone.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Landing" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.