There are several Wrong Places that Los’ latest effort would not fit, like on a country music blog or your grandma’s next birthday party. Thankfully, The DJBooth is the right place and the right time is today. On the latest single off his highly anticipated mixtape, Becoming King, the B-More native gives us a refreshing spin on a street anthem. Whereas many rappers glorify the “street” image Los shies away from that stereotype for a more honest portrayal of what life is really like. Assisting the Bad Boy emcee is Eric Bellinger, who lends his smooth R&B vocals to the hook, and producer J. Oliver, whose piano based boardwork allows Los’ earnest, almost pained flow to resonate, hammering home the heavy-hearted vibe of the tune. Becoming King is projected to drop this spring, but while you wait be sure to check out his last Booth feature, I Got You, a take on The Weeknd’s Rolling Stone.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/19/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Landing" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.