There are several Wrong Places that Los’ latest effort would not fit, like on a country music blog or your grandma’s next birthday party. Thankfully, The DJBooth is the right place and the right time is today. On the latest single off his highly anticipated mixtape, Becoming King, the B-More native gives us a refreshing spin on a street anthem. Whereas many rappers glorify the “street” image Los shies away from that stereotype for a more honest portrayal of what life is really like. Assisting the Bad Boy emcee is Eric Bellinger, who lends his smooth R&B vocals to the hook, and producer J. Oliver, whose piano based boardwork allows Los’ earnest, almost pained flow to resonate, hammering home the heavy-hearted vibe of the tune. Becoming King is projected to drop this spring, but while you wait be sure to check out his last Booth feature, I Got You, a take on The Weeknd’s Rolling Stone.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Landing" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.