If I were to peek out my window right now, I’m pretty sure I’d see at least two or three rappers soaring through the clouds; whether they’re hanging out in the Stratosphere, taking precautions to avoid Crashing Down, or rising higher and Higher with the help of some killer weed, everyone in the game seems to be jockeying for airspace. On this standout cut off his latest mixtape, Booth newcomer Los offers his take on the popular theme, informing us that he’s soaring miles above the pack and he’s Never Landing. Over the jittery percussion and jazz piano of beatsmith 21, the B-more native blows off the haters who’d love nothing more than to watch him fall, in the process showing off a diverse array of agile flows. Phoenix R&B singer Chris Notez proves a worthy co-pilot, driving the point home with some silky-smooth hook vocals. Like what you’re hearing? Well, there are plenty more figuratively and literally fly joints on the aptly-titled Zero Gravity mixtape, released April 26, and available now online.
Written by richard on 05/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Super High" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.