If I were to peek out my window right now, I’m pretty sure I’d see at least two or three rappers soaring through the clouds; whether they’re hanging out in the Stratosphere, taking precautions to avoid Crashing Down, or rising higher and Higher with the help of some killer weed, everyone in the game seems to be jockeying for airspace. On this standout cut off his latest mixtape, Booth newcomer Los offers his take on the popular theme, informing us that he’s soaring miles above the pack and he’s Never Landing. Over the jittery percussion and jazz piano of beatsmith 21, the B-more native blows off the haters who’d love nothing more than to watch him fall, in the process showing off a diverse array of agile flows. Phoenix R&B singer Chris Notez proves a worthy co-pilot, driving the point home with some silky-smooth hook vocals. Like what you’re hearing? Well, there are plenty more figuratively and literally fly joints on the aptly-titled Zero Gravity mixtape, released April 26, and available now online.
Written by richard on 05/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Super High" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)