Back in September, Brooklyn emcee Troy Ave stepped into the Booth with I Got You, a record which found him spitting over a tweaked sampling of The Weenkd‘s Rolling Stone. Turns out great minds really do think alike; today, Bad Boy rhymesayer Los drops by our pages with a joint, also titled I Got You, which fits the same description. Of course, there are key differences: while producer J. Oliver flips the same line from Abel Tesfaye’s 2011 jam, his beat has a smoother, more upbeat feel. The Baltimore emcee comes with rhymes to match the instrumental’s vibe, commiserating with a hardworking stripper about the fakers and haters they run into in their respective lines of work. Los’ forthcoming Becoming King LP as yet lacks a drop date, but those diggnig this atmospheric jam can keep it locked for release details, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 10/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Landing" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.