Back in September, Brooklyn emcee Troy Ave stepped into the Booth with I Got You, a record which found him spitting over a tweaked sampling of The Weenkd‘s Rolling Stone. Turns out great minds really do think alike; today, Bad Boy rhymesayer Los drops by our pages with a joint, also titled I Got You, which fits the same description. Of course, there are key differences: while producer J. Oliver flips the same line from Abel Tesfaye’s 2011 jam, his beat has a smoother, more upbeat feel. The Baltimore emcee comes with rhymes to match the instrumental’s vibe, commiserating with a hardworking stripper about the fakers and haters they run into in their respective lines of work. Los’ forthcoming Becoming King LP as yet lacks a drop date, but those diggnig this atmospheric jam can keep it locked for release details, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 10/25/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Landing" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.