Back in September, Brooklyn emcee Troy Ave stepped into the Booth with I Got You, a record which found him spitting over a tweaked sampling of The Weenkd‘s Rolling Stone. Turns out great minds really do think alike; today, Bad Boy rhymesayer Los drops by our pages with a joint, also titled I Got You, which fits the same description. Of course, there are key differences: while producer J. Oliver flips the same line from Abel Tesfaye’s 2011 jam, his beat has a smoother, more upbeat feel. The Baltimore emcee comes with rhymes to match the instrumental’s vibe, commiserating with a hardworking stripper about the fakers and haters they run into in their respective lines of work. Los’ forthcoming Becoming King LP as yet lacks a drop date, but those diggnig this atmospheric jam can keep it locked for release details, as well as all the latest tunes.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Landing" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.