Back in September, Brooklyn emcee Troy Ave stepped into the Booth with I Got You, a record which found him spitting over a tweaked sampling of The Weenkd‘s Rolling Stone. Turns out great minds really do think alike; today, Bad Boy rhymesayer Los drops by our pages with a joint, also titled I Got You, which fits the same description. Of course, there are key differences: while producer J. Oliver flips the same line from Abel Tesfaye’s 2011 jam, his beat has a smoother, more upbeat feel. The Baltimore emcee comes with rhymes to match the instrumental’s vibe, commiserating with a hardworking stripper about the fakers and haters they run into in their respective lines of work. Los’ forthcoming Becoming King LP as yet lacks a drop date, but those diggnig this atmospheric jam can keep it locked for release details, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 10/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Landing" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)