Back in September, Brooklyn emcee Troy Ave stepped into the Booth with I Got You, a record which found him spitting over a tweaked sampling of The Weenkd‘s Rolling Stone. Turns out great minds really do think alike; today, Bad Boy rhymesayer Los drops by our pages with a joint, also titled I Got You, which fits the same description. Of course, there are key differences: while producer J. Oliver flips the same line from Abel Tesfaye’s 2011 jam, his beat has a smoother, more upbeat feel. The Baltimore emcee comes with rhymes to match the instrumental’s vibe, commiserating with a hardworking stripper about the fakers and haters they run into in their respective lines of work. Los’ forthcoming Becoming King LP as yet lacks a drop date, but those diggnig this atmospheric jam can keep it locked for release details, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 10/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Landing" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.