Everybody wanted to run away at some point as a child. Whenever you’re parents stressed you out, why wouldn’t you want to leave and make your own rules out in the real world? As you grow older, though, you realize how many life necessities you must consider like food, shelter, and premium cable. If you decide to dip past your teenage years, there are more serious reasons involved. On new video single Wondering Where, Cameroon native Lorine Chia tells the story of the prodigal son who strays from the established path and longs to return to the place he took for granted (ding ding if you answered “home”). In the A Plus Filmz-directed video, Lorine is seen as a street performer with a guitar, who uses her unique voice to ponder the many questions that fill this wandering boy’s mind, as we watch his long, far from easy journey home. Wondering Where enjoys shelter under Lorine’s Naked Truths EP, which dropped on iTunes last October and was reviewed by The DJBooth‘s Alex Siber.
Written by Bryan H on 05/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crazy Things" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.