Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Lorine Chia‘s debut DJBooth feature, December 2012’s Crazy Things, saw the Cameroonian-born, Cleveland-based up-and-comer struggling to extricate herself from a relationship that was sinking fast. Tough as it may have been to walk out the door, it was clearly the right decision; as of her latest single, her attitude and altitude have undergone a clear change for the better. On Fly High, producer Givtyd‘s woozy synth chords set the mood as the singer invites us to join her on a one-way trip into the heavens. Has Chia succeeded in elevating your mindstate with this refreshing cut? If so, you can look forward to more uplifting material on Lorine Redux, the forthcoming re-release of her 2012 debut mixtape. Keep it locked for more fresh tunes leading up to its arrival at an as yet-undetermined date this summer.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Lorine Chia’s Young Wonder-directed Fly High visual.
Written by richard on 05/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crazy Things" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.