The way the Book of Genesis tells it, Adam and Eve’s fall from grace was a consequence of the latter’s lust for knowledge, which allowed her to be seduced and manipulated by the wily serpent. But have you ever thought about it from Eve’s Perspective? On the final song release off her forthcoming street album, unsigned R&B singer Lorine Chia steps into the shoes of the first woman, portraying her fatal curiosity from a more sympathetic angle. Backed by DND‘s slow-burning synth grooves, the Fly High songstress describes the title character’s act of defiance, her descent into paranoia and the powerful sense of regret that plagued her for the rest of her days. For this thought-provoking jam and much more, cop The Naked Truth when it drops digitally next Tuesday, October 15.
Written by richard on 10/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crazy Things" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.