The way the Book of Genesis tells it, Adam and Eve’s fall from grace was a consequence of the latter’s lust for knowledge, which allowed her to be seduced and manipulated by the wily serpent. But have you ever thought about it from Eve’s Perspective? On the final song release off her forthcoming street album, unsigned R&B singer Lorine Chia steps into the shoes of the first woman, portraying her fatal curiosity from a more sympathetic angle. Backed by DND‘s slow-burning synth grooves, the Fly High songstress describes the title character’s act of defiance, her descent into paranoia and the powerful sense of regret that plagued her for the rest of her days. For this thought-provoking jam and much more, cop The Naked Truth when it drops digitally next Tuesday, October 15.
Written by richard on 10/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crazy Things" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- How a Music Video Is Made: A Mock Treatment With Rapsody
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.