Unless you have been living on Mars for the past two years, I am sure you have heard Ellie Goulding’s hit single Lights in one form or another. Despite the song’s popularity, and tendency to be sampled, newcomer Lorine Chia makes the tune sound brand new on her very first Booth feature. On Crazy Things, the Cameroon native suggests to her boo that they take a break, as their relationship is on the fritz. Producer All Day Recess sautés the Goulding hit, adding his own synth heavy influence over the top of the beat, as Chia flashes her vocal prowess with a unique style and vibe that will have you thinking she is hopeful for the future with her boo, despite their recent struggles. Crazy Things can be found on Chia’s free project, LORINE, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly High" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.