Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Having contemplated his prospects in the hip-hop game on his debut feature, the aptly-titled Begin, Lorenzo Asher shifts his gaze to the larger social landscape on single number two off his forthcoming full-length. On The Color of Ignorance, a blossoming romance with a white woman inspires the Cleveland-by-way-of-Philly buzzmaker to reflect that racism is much more than a matter of pigmentation: religion, class stratification and the simple desire to conform all play their part in the system of oppression. Co-producing the record with JL, Lorenzo backs his heady lyrical reflections, as well as those of Booth-approved guest XV, with an idyllic mix of strings, keys and acoustic guitar. Liquor, Loud, Loyalty, Love is scheduled for release sometime in May. In the meantime, of course, you can stay tuned for further song releases off the set.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Lorenzo Asher’s Michael Belcher-directed The Color of Ignorance visual.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.