Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Having contemplated his prospects in the hip-hop game on his debut feature, the aptly-titled Begin, Lorenzo Asher shifts his gaze to the larger social landscape on single number two off his forthcoming full-length. On The Color of Ignorance, a blossoming romance with a white woman inspires the Cleveland-by-way-of-Philly buzzmaker to reflect that racism is much more than a matter of pigmentation: religion, class stratification and the simple desire to conform all play their part in the system of oppression. Co-producing the record with JL, Lorenzo backs his heady lyrical reflections, as well as those of Booth-approved guest XV, with an idyllic mix of strings, keys and acoustic guitar. Liquor, Loud, Loyalty, Love is scheduled for release sometime in May. In the meantime, of course, you can stay tuned for further song releases off the set.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Lorenzo Asher’s Michael Belcher-directed The Color of Ignorance visual.
Written by richard on 05/23/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.