At the top of May, Lorenzo Asher dazzled Boothgoers with Undying Brave, a cut that showcased the unsigned spitter’s poetic lyrical sensibility as well as his uncanny knack for crafting immersive synth soundscapes. On follow-up Moon Springs, Natural, he takes the traits that made that joint unique and raises them to the nth power. The artist’s own subtly driving deep house production sets the stage for deadpan bars reflecting on his underprivileged childhood. ATL emcee Rome Fortune delivers a faster-paced middle verse, and Duranda Bernar provides vocal support throughout the cut. Asher’s Numismatics LP currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/17/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.