The DJBooth’s exclusive freestyle series isn’t just about allowing you, the readers, to enjoy some quality rhymes—though that’s a big part of it. It’s also about spurring artists to take their mic game to the next level. So we couldn’t have been happier to learn that the series inspired Lorenzo Asher to record Dreamy Saratoga, a new freestyle (and Booth-exclusive world premiere!) improvised over the course of one recording session. The Brooklyn-based buzzmaker’s sung and rapped bars are so impressive it’s kinda hard to believe they’re off the cuff. To top it all off, Asher produces the joint’s pensive music-box backdrop. Dreamy Saratoga isn’t part of a larger set, but those digging it can hear more on his Numismatics LP, which is available for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 08/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.