Listeners who use music as a form of escape from the stresses of everyday life may balk at the title of Lorenzo Asher‘s latest single, Bills. If you’re able to forget about those unopened envelopes glowering at you from across the room for long enough to hit play, however, you’ll be amply rewarded. On this artist-produced cut, the follow-up to early August’s Love: The Pale Irony, Asher rhymes about the often-sordid lengths he and his girl must go to in order to keep the power on and the rent paid. If that hits a little close to home, you’ll surely appreciate Samthuria and Samgomo‘s stylish visuals, which are pure science fiction. Fans can find Bills and much more on Asher’s Numismatics LP, available now for streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 08/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.