Listeners who use music as a form of escape from the stresses of everyday life may balk at the title of Lorenzo Asher‘s latest single, Bills. If you’re able to forget about those unopened envelopes glowering at you from across the room for long enough to hit play, however, you’ll be amply rewarded. On this artist-produced cut, the follow-up to early August’s Love: The Pale Irony, Asher rhymes about the often-sordid lengths he and his girl must go to in order to keep the power on and the rent paid. If that hits a little close to home, you’ll surely appreciate Samthuria and Samgomo‘s stylish visuals, which are pure science fiction. Fans can find Bills and much more on Asher’s Numismatics LP, available now for streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 08/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.