Listeners who use music as a form of escape from the stresses of everyday life may balk at the title of Lorenzo Asher‘s latest single, Bills. If you’re able to forget about those unopened envelopes glowering at you from across the room for long enough to hit play, however, you’ll be amply rewarded. On this artist-produced cut, the follow-up to early August’s Love: The Pale Irony, Asher rhymes about the often-sordid lengths he and his girl must go to in order to keep the power on and the rent paid. If that hits a little close to home, you’ll surely appreciate Samthuria and Samgomo‘s stylish visuals, which are pure science fiction. Fans can find Bills and much more on Asher’s Numismatics LP, available now for streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 08/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.