Listeners who use music as a form of escape from the stresses of everyday life may balk at the title of Lorenzo Asher‘s latest single, Bills. If you’re able to forget about those unopened envelopes glowering at you from across the room for long enough to hit play, however, you’ll be amply rewarded. On this artist-produced cut, the follow-up to early August’s Love: The Pale Irony, Asher rhymes about the often-sordid lengths he and his girl must go to in order to keep the power on and the rent paid. If that hits a little close to home, you’ll surely appreciate Samthuria and Samgomo‘s stylish visuals, which are pure science fiction. Fans can find Bills and much more on Asher’s Numismatics LP, available now for streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 08/14/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.