Cleveland-by-way-of-Philly up-and-comer Lorenzo Asher doesn’t know how far this rap sh*t will ultimately take him, but he’d rather try and fall short than grow old wondering what might have been. On new single and debut DJBooth feature Begin, the rapper/producer takes a philosophical view of his prospects in the game, spitting, “[If] we die today before we ever hit the stage and it’s done / Well, at least we can say… we were brave, we were crazy and we were young.” The artist’s contemplative bars come backed by an atmospheric, self-produced electronic beat, and an uncredited female singer lends her vocals to the record’s outro. Interest piqued? You’ll be able to find Begin and much more on Asher’s debut project, Liquor, Loud, Loyalty, Love, which as yet lacks a solid drop date. Additionally, watch for this joint’s official visuals to debut in the near future.
Written by richard on 03/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Color of Ignorance" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.