Since exploding onto the scene with breakout hit Royals, New Zealand pop songstress Lorde has seen moderate success with two follow-up singles, Tennis Court and Team. Though we haven’t featured either of those cuts in their original forms, Five Knives’ brand new remix of the latter was so dope, we simply had to bring y’all the world premiere. In place of Joel Little‘s catchy, but understated beat, the Nashville electronic/punk ensemble cook up a more aggressive synth groove fueled by a compulsively danceable, handclap-laced rhythm section. This remix is just a promo single, but fans can find the album version of the cut on Lorde’s debut set, Pure Heroine, available in stores and online as of September 30.
Universal Music NZ
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.