It’s sad, but true: most of us will never touch the designer clothes and luxury whips that we hear name-dropped in every other song on the radio—not without taking on massive amounts of debt, anyway. Booth newcomer LORDE and her clique are in the same boat, but she doesn’t feel like she’s missing anything. On her latest EP single and debut DJBooth feature, the 16-year-old New Zealand native states, “That kind of lux just ain’t for us / We crave a different kind of buzz.” The record has a stripped-down sound to match its lyrical message; the singer’s multi-tracked vocal harmonies carry the cut, backed by little more than a spare, fingersnap-driven percussion rhythm by Joel Little. Joel Kefali directs the equally down-to-earth visuals, starring LORDE alongside a few of her real-life homies. Fans can find Royals and much more on the artist’s Love Club EP, out now on iTunes.
Universal Music NZ
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royals (RAAK Remix)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!