It’s sad, but true: most of us will never touch the designer clothes and luxury whips that we hear name-dropped in every other song on the radio—not without taking on massive amounts of debt, anyway. Booth newcomer LORDE and her clique are in the same boat, but she doesn’t feel like she’s missing anything. On her latest EP single and debut DJBooth feature, the 16-year-old New Zealand native states, “That kind of lux just ain’t for us / We crave a different kind of buzz.” The record has a stripped-down sound to match its lyrical message; the singer’s multi-tracked vocal harmonies carry the cut, backed by little more than a spare, fingersnap-driven percussion rhythm by Joel Little. Joel Kefali directs the equally down-to-earth visuals, starring LORDE alongside a few of her real-life homies. Fans can find Royals and much more on the artist’s Love Club EP, out now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 06/11/13
Submit your Rating
Universal Music NZ
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Royals (RAAK Remix)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.